The school started in 1959 as a single stream, mixed day by the Catholic Church.
It was to serve Elburgon area and its environs. It was registered as St Peters Girls full Primary school. It later became a boys day primary school. The school is situated along the Elburgon Molo road.
St Peters Boys Primary School is an institution charged with the responsibility of accelerating and maintaining quality education, and be a district day school centre of Excellence among day schools nationally.
The school is mandated to administer and manage educational programmes to benefit its students and local residents besides other functions.